Effective March 1, 2022
2. Data Collection. You are allowed to browse our Sites without giving us any personal information about yourself. Once you have chosen to provide us with your personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us, and you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States and understand that your information may be transferred by our third-party providers in a way that processes through points outside the United States.
By using our Sites, we and our third-party providers may collect and store the following personal information:
- names, email addresses, phone numbers, physical contact information, and sometimes credit card or other financial information used for verification of identity or payment for purchases;
- transactional information or data based on any of your activities on the Sites;
- shipping, billing, and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- corporate or individual information associated with the establishment of a user account;
- all user generated or submitted content related to product customization;
- information provided in connection with sample requests, quote requests, or general inquiries;
- any correspondence or information submitted or sent through or on our Sites, and correspondence sent to us through emails connected with our Sites;
- other information from your interaction with our Sites, services, content, and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Sites, advertising data, IP address, and standard web log information;
- other information from third parties, such as demographic and traffic data.
3. Third Parties. We do not sell your personal information to, or share it with third parties for their marketing purposes. However, we are allowed to conjoin your information with data we obtain through third parties and make use of it in such a way that enhances and customizes our services, content and advertising. We may also combine your data with information collected from other Mossberg related websites, for the same purposes.
4. Usage. Our main goal in the collection of personal information is our attempt to give you a secure, effective, easy to use, personalized experience. You grant Mossberg permission to use your personal information in the following ways:
- to proffer the services and goods requested, and provide customer assistance that you request;
- to resolve disputes, perform website analytics, collect monies, and troubleshoot issues;
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions, and defend against possible prohibited or illegal actions;
- personalize, measure, and enhance the products, services, content, and advertising offered on Mossberg and related Sites;
- provide you with information regarding special offers, website or policy updates, and targeted communications;
- continue to grow the Mossberg business, including potentially developing new product or service offerings; and
- examine information for accurateness, and verify it with third parties.
5. Our Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information as outlined below:
- We may share your information (including and without limitation, personally identifiable information) with our subsidiaries and affiliates, and related websites. For example: to help identify and defend against potential illegal activity as well to provide joint content and services.
- Contracted third parties who help with our business operations such as payment processors to process electronic payments, investigations of fraud, or bill collection.
- If we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is required to preclude impending bodily injury or financial loss or to inform law enforcement about potential violations of the law.
- As required by federal, state, or local law, judicial or administrative proceedings, or law enforcement and only as much information as is necessary and required for the specific verifiable request or proceeding.
Some pertinent things you should be aware of regarding cookies are that:
- Cookies are used to assist us in identifying you and to help keep you logged-in which allows you to input your password less often during a session.
- You have the ability to deny our cookies if your web browser allows, although in so doing you may prevent or limit access to certain areas, features, or proper functionality of our Sites.
- You might receive cookies from a third party on particular pages of our Sites that we in no way control or regulate.
7. Additional Web Analytics Tools. We utilize additional web analytics tools including web beacons and tracking pixels. These tools help us to analyze your activity on our Sites. Like cookies, these tools help us to track user behavior, web traffic, site conversions, and other metrics.
8. Newsletters. We provide a Newsletter that is delivered through email to users who have provided their email address to Mossberg. Mossberg makes every effort to ensure that the newsletter is CAN-SPAM compliant but also makes no guarantees about such compliance. You may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of your Newsletter email.
9. Other Communications. It is customary for Mossberg to send out emails or use other communications to contact you regarding your orders on Mossberg. For example, when you place an order with Mossberg, we may send out an order confirmation via email and a shipping confirmation once shipped. These types of communications are necessary and required in the normal course of transacting with Mossberg and are not optional. By definition these types of emails are known as transactional emails.
Mossberg may also from time to time contact its customers for various reasons such as customer surveys, product reorder reminders, user reviews, special promotions concerning products and services we offer, or very important news, legal notices, or other information that could affect our customers. If you do not wish to receive these types of communications you may contact us directly by phone (see below) or email (email@example.com) to change your communication preferences.
Inbound phone calls to the Mossberg phone numbers 1.800.428.3340, 574.289.9253 or other phone numbers used in Mossberg marketing and promotions, may be monitored or recorded for training or quality assurance purposes.
10. Protecting Your Account. The password you choose is indispensable to access your account. Use a combination of unique identifiers (letters, numbers, and characters), and do not give away your Mossberg password to anybody. If for some reason you decide to give away your password or your personal information to others, be aware that you are accountable and liable for all activity executed under your account. If your password is compromised, you may lose considerable authority over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Accordingly, if for any reason you have revealed or lost control of your password, then you should notify Mossberg and change your password without delay.
11. Viewing and Making Changes to Your Personal Information. You may view and change much of your personal information by logging into your account at Mossberg. You are required to revise your personal information quickly when a change occurs or if it is erroneous. We may keep a record of personal information removed or modified on your account or personal information from terminated accounts to abide by legal requirements, avert fraudulent activity, collect monies due to us, resolve disputes, regulate issues, cooperate with any investigations, enforce our Mossberg Terms and Conditions, and likewise take other actions legally allowed.
If you wish to make an adjustment to information that you have submitted to Mossberg via one of the Sites, please correspond with the Mossberg agent assigned to your account. If an agent has not been assigned to your account, you may send a letter to Mossberg & Company, Inc, Attn: Website Privacy, 301 E. Sample St., South Bend, IN 46601, call 1.800.428.3340 or 574.289.9253, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Mossberg may, but has no obligation to, maintain your information for any period of time authorized by law or, if no law applies, for an unknown period of time, up to indefinitely.
12. Children’s Privacy. Mossberg Sites are not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly solicit data online from, or market online to, children under the age of 13. If we obtain personally identifiable information in error on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our systems upon notification that the individual is under the age of 13.
13. Security. Protecting and securing your information is important to us. We consider the data we collect and your personal information to be a valuable asset that should be protected. Your information is stored and processed on dedicated servers located in the United States that are protected by physical and technological security measures. We use many methods in good faith to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access. However, as you may be aware, third parties may illegally intercept or access transmissions of your personal data or exchanges of information over the Internet, and there is the possibility that users may mistreat or mishandle your personal information that they find or gather during your interactions on the Mossberg website. Consequently, while we go to great lengths to safeguard your privacy, we in no way guarantee, and you should not have the expectation, that your personal data or exchanges of information over the Internet will always remain private. Here is more about the security of your personal information.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts personal information you send to Mossberg.
- Email messages are not typically secure so we do not recommend sending us any critical financial information such as credit cards numbers, bank account numbers, or similar information via email. If you choose to provide this type of information via email, you do so at your own risk.
- Our third-party payment processing company only provides Mossberg with the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, they transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing via a SSL connection which encrypts your data.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off of your Mossberg account when finished using a shared computer and do not allow shared or public computers to remember your password.